BA Admissions


Undergraduate Admissions (declaration of SLS as your major)

Undergraduate students who wish to major in SLS, or double-major with SLS as one of their majors, can do so in the following ways:

  • New students can declare SLS as their major when they submit their application for admission to UH Manoa.  (For information about admission into UH Manoa as an undergraduate student, see the Undergraduate Admissions website:
  • Students who have already been admitted to UH Manoa but do not have SLS as their major can fill out a “Declaration of Major” form, available either from the College of Arts & Sciences website ( or an SLS advisor.

Note: Students majoring only in SLS will only need the declaration form. Students who are double majoring will also need to include a short statement of purpose and evidence of academic planning along with their declaration form.  For more details, see an SLS advisor.

We recommend that you meet with an SLS advisor either before declaring the major, or as soon as possible after declaring.  During this session, we can provide you with a full picture of what our major is about, as well as discuss your interests and long-term professional goals.  Contact the SLS BA Coordinator ( to set up an appointment.

For more information about the Bachelor’s degree in SLS, click here.


Comments are closed.