3/2 (BBA+MAcc) Program
If you (1) currently have at least one semester remaining prior to graduation from the Shidler College of Business, (2) have taken at least two upper-division accounting courses, and (3) have a 3.4 overall or 3.4 accounting GPA, you are eligible to apply. This program provides the following opportunities and benefits:
- It does not require a GMAT score for admission into the 3/2 Master of Accountancy (MAcc) Program (Those whose GPA is less than 3.4 but more than 3.0 will be considered for 3/2 program if they obtain a GMAT score of at least 550).
- It allows for advanced admission and a smooth transition into a graduate program while you pursue your undergraduate degree at the Shidler College of Business.
- It creates a more efficient way for you to complete your MAcc degree and meet the 150 credit-hour CPA licensing requirement.
- It allows you to take up to six credits toward your MAcc while you are classified as an undergraduate and therefore pay undergraduate tuition for these courses. Three of these six credits may work toward an internship.
- Students who are accepted into the 3/2 program may choose not to complete the MAcc degree requirements. In this event, they will receive their BBA degree upon meeting the undergraduate degree requirements.
- Since all graduate classes are offered at night, you will be able to accept accounting jobs while you are finishing your MAcc Program and obtaining your 150 credit-hour requirement for the CPA credential.
Your application should be completed and submitted by the appropriate deadlines. The deadline for Spring is November 1 and the deadline for Fall is May 1.
- You will need to complete the Admission Application and Statement of Objectives to be considered for this program.
- Inquiries may be directed to Graduate Office of Student Academic Services (OSAS) in #G202 and the following individuals:
Dr. John Wendell (at email@example.com; Tel: 956-7332), Director of School of Accountancy, Shidler College of Business, #C306
Carlos Medina (at firstname.lastname@example.org; Tel: 956-8189), Master Programs Director, Shidler College of Business, #G202