KPMG Accounting Research Center
The School of Accountancy continues to make great strides to ensure that the students have access to accounting technology and databases.
The KPMG Accounting Research Center (ARC), in BusAd G201, equipped with over 20 computers, is open to accounting students, faculty, and professionals. The KPMG room provides the necessary enviroment for conducting meetings, research, workshops, presentations and other similar events.
The KPMG Accounting Research Center was the first wireless computer lab with its own IEEE 802.11b wireless access point. This wirless network allows students to bring their own laptops and connect to the networks.
The computers in the lab have DVD-ROM, 3.5"floppy Drive and 250MB Zip Drive. Software includes:
- Windows 2000/XP
- Microsoft Office 2000 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Internet Explorer 6.0
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0
- SSH Secure Shell/File Transfer (FTP/Telnet)
- AICPA reSource Library: Professional Standards
- FASB Financial Accounting Research System
- Peachtree Complete Accounting