BSW Program - Admissions Information
A visual guide to the BSW application process to the Myron B. Thompson School of Social Work
Please note that in addition to the specific requirements of the Myron B. Thompson School of Social Work, the rules and requirements of the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa must also be observed. For additional information, refer to the current UH Mānoa Catalog (http://www.catalog.hawaii.edu/undergrad-ed/admissions.htm) or the UH Mānoa Office of Admissions and Records (http://www.hawaii.edu/admrec/welcome.html).
For additional academic information consult the current UH Mānoa Catalog. Note that the rules and requirements of the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa apply to social work majors and that the special requirements of the School of Social Work must also be observed.
To be considered for admission, the applicant must:
- Have been admitted to the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa;
- Have completed the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa general education core requirements;
- Have completed the knowledge-base courses identified by the Myron B. Thompson School of Social Work with a grade of C or better;
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5; and
- Provide evidence of motivation for and commitment to social work (e.g., personal, volunteer, and/or social work–related experience).
Applicants to the BSW program must submit:
- Transcripts of all university-level academic work completed
- Myron B. Thompson School of Social Work application, including a narrative based on personal experiences
- Three letters of reference. All completed application materials should be sent to:
BSW Admissions Office
Myron B. Thompson School of Social Work
University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa
1800 East-West Road
Honolulu, HI 96822
Application information and forms may be obtained from the BSW Admissions Office or online at http://www.hawaii.edu/sswork/bsw-forms.html. Application packets may also be requested by e-mail to email@example.com, by phone at (808)-956-7182, or by writing to the BSW Admissions Office.
The deadlines for submission of applications are as follows:
Fall admission: February 1
Spring (early) admission: October 1
Transfer and International Applicants
Please go to the following link for more information regarding transferring to the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa: http://manoa.hawaii.edu/admissions/undergrad/transfer.html
Please go to the following link for more information regarding International Students: http://manoa.hawaii.edu/admissions/undergrad/international.html
Tuition and Fees
- General information regarding Tuition and Fees (UH Catalog)
- Regular Tuition Schedule - Current Semester (UH Catalog)
- Tuition Table (Office of Admissions and Records)
- Additional Fees and Expenses (UH Catalog)
For more information on admissions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Information on other fees, refunds, and definitions of Hawaiʻi residency, can be found at the UH Mānoa Catalog: http://www.catalog.hawaii.edu.
BSW Advising Sheet
BSW Sample 4-year Plan
::BACK TO THE TOP::