Jing Guo , PhD
PhD Program Chair
Ph.D., University of California at Berkeley
MA, Peking University, China
Comparative family policy
Work, family and Gender
Migration and child education
Asian Americans, Immigrants and child welfare
Social policy and social services in China
- Guo, J., Marshall, S., Glasser, J.L., & Spillers, J. (2015). Learning global social conditions: A broader view for social work students. Social Work Education.
- Li, Fenfang, Guo, J., Suga-Nakagawa, A., Takahashi, K., & Renaud, J. (2015). The impact of Kauai care transition intervention on hospital readmission rate. The American Journal of Managed Care.
- Guo, J. (2015). International collaboration with China: A professional training program for Civil Affairs officials. China Journal of Social Work, 8 (1), 19-32.
- Guo, J. & Mu, L. (2015). Residential care for elders in China: Private sector as a solution? Social Development Issues, 37(1) 11-24.
- Li, C. & Guo, J. (2015). The historical development and characteristics of NPOs in China. Asian Social Work and Policy Review, 9, 79-93.
- Guo, J. (2014). Education expectation of parents and children: Findings from a case of China. Asian Social Work and Policy Review, 8, 228-242.
- Guo, J. & Gilbert, N. (2014). Public attitudes toward government responsibility for child care: The impact of individual characteristics and welfare regimes. Children and Youth Services Review, 44(September), 82-89.
- Guo, J. & Han, J. (2013). Teachers' perceptions of migrant children in public schools in China and a proposal for social work intervention. Social Development Issues, 35(3), 50-62.
- Guo, J. & Xiao, S. (2013). Through the gender lens: A comparison of family policy in Sweden and China. China Journal of Social Work, 6(3), 228-243.
- Guo, J. & Gilbert, N. (2012). Public attitudes and gender policy regimes: Coherence and stability in hard times. Journal of Sociology and Social Welfare, 39(2), 163-182.
- Guo, J. (2011). Family and parent correlates of educational achievement: Migrant children in China. Asian Social Work and Policy Review, 5(2), 123-137.
- Guo, J. & Gilbert, N. (2007). Welfare state regimes and family policy: A longitudinal analysis. International Journal of Social Welfare, 16(4), 307-313.
- Xia, X. & J. Guo. (2002). Historical development and characteristics of social work in today’s China. International Journal of Social Welfare, 11(3), 254-262.
- Guo, J. (2015). Chinese immigrant families and children in the United States: Segmented assimilation, challenges in parenting, and intergenerational relations, In Chinese Migration and Families-At-Risk. Edited by Edward K.L.Chan, 165-186. Cambridge Scholars Publishing.
- Guo, J. (2013). Financing migrant child education. In Chinese Social Policy in a Time of Transition. Edited by DJ. Besharov and K. Baehler, 142-159. New York: Oxford University Press.