Mission of the Journal of Indigenous Social Development
The JISD is dedicated to improving practice and expanding knowledge relevant to indigenous peoples’ social and economic welfare worldwide. The mission of JISD is to advance knowledge and understanding of:
- Indigenous peoples’ efforts to preserve their life ways and values;
- Best practices (traditional and contemporary) which create sustainability options in a changing world; and
- Research (from the range of disciplines including science, business, the arts, health care, education, etc.) which supports social and economic wellbeing.
Call for Submissions
Submissions considered for review must address the JISD mission within broadly defined areas such as:
- Community and social work practice
- Community, social and economic development or sustainability
- Analysis of local, national or international policies
- Research related to social and economic wellbeing.