UH Manoa Banner
MBTSSW Image LinkPublic Health Header LinkCenter on Aging Header Link

MSW Forms

These forms are for the Myron B. Thompson School of Social Work only.

For Graduate Division forms, please go to the UHM Office of Graduate Education forms website.

All forms are in PDF format, and many are fillable (you can complete the form on your computer and print it). This requires Adobe Acrobat Reader to view, fill, and print. Click here to download Acrobat Reader.

MSW Application Information

New students are admitted only for the fall semester.

The Distance Education (DE) option will not be admitting new students in 2018. Fall 2018 applications are being accepted for the Mānoa campus-based option only.

Application DEADLINE for Fall 2018 Admission to the MSW Mānoa campus-based option

February 1, 2018

No DE Admissions for 2018. The next DE cohort will be admitted in Fall 2019 (application TBA).


Applicants for admission to the MSW program at the University of Hawai`i at Mānoa must submit two separate applications:

  1. Application to the UH Mānoa Office of Graduate Education for admission to the University:
    See http://manoa.hawaii.edu/graduate/content/prospective-students for UHM Graduate Admissions application, requirements, and instructions.

    Please note that UH Mānoa unclassified graduate students must apply again, for admission as a classified graduate student.

  2. Application to the Myron B. Thompson School of Social Work for admission to the MSW program including required supporting documents as indicated in the instructions provided below:

Note: These forms were originally intended to be sent as a package, and may therefore contain instructions of that nature. For assistance with these forms, to request an application packet, or for additional information, please contact the Myron B. Thompson School of Social Work MSW Admissions Office at sswadmit@hawaii.edu, (808) 956-3833, or Gartley Hall Room 203.


Other MSW Forms/Documents

*Links marked with this symbol Acrobat Icon require Adobe Acrobat Reader which can be downloaded for free by clicking on the "Get Acrobat Reader" button. Adobe Reader Icon