- Show the power of using mathematics in solving word problems.
- Show the logical, self- driven character of problem solutions when mathematics is used to solve the problem.
Problem Solutions. 8/16/96
The same problems as those above are available in an interactive mode by clicking on the link below. These provide students with the opportunity to discover that they can solve word problems reliably which results in:
- Appreciation of mathematics as a powerful language.
- Motivation to develop greater mathematical fluency.
- Development of mathematical tools for other courses across the curriculum.
Exercises in Problem solving.