Things That All Laulima Users Should Know
Links may open in a new window; you may need to close that window to return to this page.
- Laulima daily downtimes. Laulima will be unavailable on a daily basis from 3:00am-4:00am HST for server backup and maintenance.
- Laulima auto log-off. For your protection, Laulima automatically logs you out if it does not detect activity for two hours. A warning message will appear notifying you of the lack of activity. Activity is defined as clicking a button in Laulima such as "Save Draft" or "Next" (in a test), clicking on a course tab, or taking an action that sends information to the server.
- Hardware - Full access is available via most desktop or notebook computers. Limited access is possible through smart phones, tablets and other mobile devices (these devices are not recommended for testing or graded submissions).
- Internet connection - A broadband connection is recommmended; a wired connection is recommended during a test or when submitting work.
- Recent web browser - Most modern web browsers should work but Firefox (currently recommending Firefox 17 ESR Win/Mac/Linux) has been found to be the most compatible, especially recommended for test taking. Note that we do not recommend using Internet Explorer for submitting work or taking tests in Laulima.
- UH Username and password - These are the same as what you would use to register for courses at MyUH or log in to UH webmail. Sign up for one or verify yours here. Guest accounts may also be assigned if you are in a University related project.
- Plugins - These are software components that enable you to view certain content through your browser (Note: content varies between courses, so some sites may need additional plugins; check with your instructor/maintainer if in doubt.)
- Common plugins:
- PDF reader (eg. Adobe Acrobat Reader)
- QuickTime Player
- Windows Media Player
- Adobe Flash
- Real Player
- Other Software - Other software may be required for courses or collaboration, check with your instructor or site maintainer for more information on this.
- Assistance with Laulima - There are some help documents near the bottom of your My Workspace tab and at the TALENT site. If there is a technical issue, please use the Request Assistance form link found at the bottom of any page in Laulima and provide a detailed description.