- TALENT Home
- Getting Started
- Broadcast Workshops
- Summer Series
- Laulima Support
- Teaching During an Emergency
- Digital Media Center
- Web Accessibility
- Licensed Software
Laulima Faculty TutorialsChanging Course Grade Options in Gradebook
Changing your Course Grade Options in Gradebook
By default, the Gradebook is set to present the students’ overall course grade as "+/-" (plus/minus) e.g. A+, A, A-, B+, B, etc. and I (for Incomplete) instead of straight grades. Our Community Colleges and UH-Maui College use "straight grades" so they need to configure Laulima’s Gradebook to use straight grades. This change should be made before uploading grades to Banner from Laulima.
1. In the Gradebook tool, click the "Course Grade Options" link at the top or the "Change Course grade options" link.
2. On the Course Grade Options page, change the "Grade Type" by clicking the drop-down menu and selecting "Letter Grades with +/-" or "Letter Grades". Click the "Change grade type" button to the right of the drop-down menu.
3. You should then see the letter grades change. The plus and minus range can be changed if you do not want to use the default +/- settings.
4. Click the "Save" button at the bottom of the page.
Your Gradebook is now set to +/- course grades.