Certain tools in Laulima are group-aware (capable of recognizing groups) so groups can be assigned in the settings area. With groups, access to certain aspects or areas can be restricted to group members. Some tools that are group aware:
Discussion board and mail tools
Tests & Quizzes
Before groups can be assigned in a particular tool, the groups will first need to be created. This tutorial details the process of creating groups in Laulima:
1. In the course space, go to Site Info.
2. Click on Manage Groups.
3. Click on the Add.
4. Enter a title for the group.
5. In the Membership area, select a student's name.
6. Click on the "Add to group >" button to move the student into the Group Member List box.
7. Once the group has been populated, click on the "Update" button.
8. You should now see the group in the Group LIst. To create another group, click on Add.
Once a group has been created, the option to assign groups will be available in tools that are group-aware (e.g. Resources, Assignments, Messages, Mail Tool, discussion board tools, among others).
This is an example for the option when creating a folder in Resources: