Laulima Faculty TutorialsEditing the Tool List
Renaming, Rearranging, Deleting and Hiding Tools:
The Laulima "Page Order" function found in the Site Info are allows the instructor to rename a tool, rearrange its placement in the list on the left-hand side of the screen, as well as delete tools that are not being used.
1. Log into Laulima (https://laulima.hawaii.edu), select a course in which you would like to edit the tools used. Go to the Site Info area of the course and click on the "Page Order" link.
2. You should then see your tools in your course listed within individual boxes.
From this link you can do one of the following:
1. To Rename a tool click on the paper and pencil icon within the box for the tool you would like to rename.
2. In the text edit bar that appears, delete the title of the tool and type in the title that you would like to change it to.
3. When done making changes, click on the green checkmark icon below the title box. You should then see the new title of your tool within the box.
4. You must now click the Save button at either the top or the bottom of the page in order to save these changes.
5. Your changes should then appear in your list of tools listed on the left-hand side of the screen.
1. When viewing the list of tools within their own box, you can click and hold down the mouse button on the tool that you would like to move, then drag the box to the place in the list that you would like the tool to be.
2. When it reaches the place you would like it to be, release the mouse button and the tool should be in its new place.
3. Once you have rearranged the tools, you must click the Save button at either the top or bottom of the page.
4. The changes you made should now be seen in your list of tools on the left-hand side of the screen.
1. When viewing the list of tools, you can delete tools from the list by clicking on the red X icon in the box with the tool you want to delete.
2. After deleting all the tools you do not want to use, you must click the Save button in order to save your changes.
3. You should now see your list of tools updated on the left-hand side.
1. When viewing the list of tools, you can delete tools from the list by clicking on the "light bulb" icon in the box for the tool you would like to hide. For example, if you would like to keep your files in your Resources, but do not want to have your students view any of the files in it, you can hide the tool completely from student view.
2. The "light bulb" will turn off. The Site Info tool is off by default to hide it from Student View.
3. Once you have hidden a tool, you must click on the Save button to save your changes.
4. You will still see the tool in your list as the instructor. Students, however, will no longer be able to view the tool.
|Instructor view||Student view|