Laulima Faculty TutorialsUploading Multiple Files & Folders via WebDAV for Windows XP, using Internet Explorer
Uploading files with WebDAV using Windows XP and Internet Explorer browser :
To transfer a folder or multiple single files into a course, set up a WebDAV connection which allows for multiple files/folder uploading. This tutorial only works with Windows XP using the Internet Explorer browser.
Depending on the Windows version (2000, XP or Vista) accessing Internet Connections may differ, but the process of creating the connection will be the same.The following screen shots were done on XP using Internet Explorer 7 (NOTE: connecting using WebDAV on Vista you MUST download and install the following Windows Update from Microsoft: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=17C36612-632E-4C04-9382-987622ED1D64&displaylang=en).
Macintosh users can utilize this same technology by downloading "Goliath" from http://www.webDAV.org (over on the right select the link for "Goliath", then choose "Download") or if running Jaguar and above use "Connect to Server" feature.
1. Create a WebDAV connection to the Resource folder of the course (this allows for copying multiple files from your local computer to Laulima using a drag and drop process) by logging into Laulima (https://laulima.hawaii.edu), selecting the course or project site, then clicking on "Resources" in the Course Menu
2. Using the menu bar select the link for "Upload-Download Multiple Resources".
3. For WINDOWS XP select the text link under the header for "If you are using Internet Explorer in Windows XP, you can go directly to this site’s resources folder by clicking this link:" (if you continue to scroll down the Laulima screen you will find directional information on how to upload using Vista as well as Macintosh operating systems)
4. You will be asked to log in, type in your UH username and associated password, click OK when done
5. WebDAV will connect with the resources folder in this particular Laulima course allowing you to drag/drop files/folders into the opened WebDAV window for uploading
*Note: If you see the WebDAV window open with the flashlight icon moving over it for more than a few seconds, you may have to look for another login window. This second login window may be "hiding" behind other windows. You will need to login with your UH username and password again in order to access the WebDAV window.
6. Drag your files into the webdav window and wait for them to finish copying.
Once files have been uploaded you can close the WebDAV window, return back to https://laulima.hawaii.edu and proceed to link the uploaded files to its appropriate tool (for example: linking an uploaded file to the Syllabus Tool)