Publishing Your Course or Project Site (scroll down through page for screen shots and step by step directions)
Creating a Hidden Folder:
By default all files uploaded to the Resources folder are viewable to students/members of the course or project site. In some cases you may not want students to view certain files, but still make them accessible in other areas or tools in the course. For example: You may want to upload multiple files to link or reference in the Syllabus tool, but not have students view or access them in the Resources folder. To do so:
1. Log into Laulima (https://laulima.hawaii.edu), select a course or project site, then click on the "Resources" link in the Course Menu
2. Using the pull down menu under "Add" select the link for "Create Folders'
3. Enter a title for the folder, in this case I am calling it "hidden" since it will be used to contain all my files I want to hide from students, then click the link for "Add details for this item"
4. Select the radio button next to "Hide this folder and its contents" then click "Create Folders Now"
5. Using the pull down menu under "Add" for the "Hidden" folder, select the link for "Create Folders'
6. Enter a title for the folder, in this case I am calling it "myhiddensyllabusfiles" since it will be used to contain all my files for my syllabus, then click "Create Folders Now"
7. Using the pull down menu under "Actions" for the "myhiddensyllabusfiles" folder, select the link for "Edit Folder Permissions"
8. For various roles (in this case Student), select the checkbox under the "hidden" column, then click "Save" (this will prevent any student/member from seeing the "hidden" folder and it's contents)
Proceed with the process of uploading files to this hidden folder (sub-folders) using either the Upload feature in Resources or WebDAV (for more information on using WebDAV review our Laulima tutorial)
Return to Main Tutorial Menu