Uploading File(s) with WebDAV (scroll down through page for screen shots and step by step directions)
Depending on the Windows version (2000, XP or Vista) accessing Internet Connections may differ, but the process of creating the connection will be the same.The following screen shots were done on XP (NOTE: connecting using WebDAV on Vista you MUST download and install the following Windows Update from Microsoft: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=907306).
Macintosh users can utilize this same technology by downloading "Goliath" from http://www.webDAV.org (over on the right select the link for "Goliath", then choose "Download") or if running Jaquar and above use "Connect to Server" feature.
1. Create a WebDAV connection to the Resource folder of the course (this allows for copying multiple files from your local computer to Laulima using a drag and drop process) by logging into Laulima (https://laulima.hawaii.edu), selecting the course or project site, then clicking on "Site Info" in the Course Menu
2. Using the menu bar select the link for "Upload-Download Multiple Resources".
3. For WINDOWS on XP select the text link under the header for "If you are using Internet Explorer in Windows XP, you can go directly to this site's resources folder by clicking this link:" (if you continue to scroll down the Laulima screen you will find directional information on how to upload using Vista as well as Macintosh operating systems)
4. You will be asked to log in, type in your UH username and associated password, click OK when done
5. WebDAV will connect with the resources folder in this particular Laulima course allowing you to drag/drop files/folders into the opened WebDAV window for uploading
Once files have been uploaded you can close the WebDAV window, return back to https://laulima.hawaii.edu and proceed to link the uploaded files to it's appropriate tool (for example: linking an uploaded file to the Syllabus Tool)
Return to Main Tutorial Menu