Windows/Mac: Adobe Flash Player Security Updates
|SUMMARY:||Windows/Mac: Adobe Flash Player Security Updates|
|REPORTER:||Jocelyn E Kasamoto (jocelyn)|
|START TIME:||Feb 12 12:07 PM|
|END TIME:||Feb 26 12:07 PM|
Adobe released APSB13-05 on Feb. 12, 2013 providing security updates for Adobe Flash Player to fix 17 critical vulnerabilities (Windows and Mac) that could cause a crash and allow an attacker to take control of the vulnerable system.
Security updates for two critical vulnerabilities (CVE-2013-0633, CVE-2013-0634) were released in APSB13-04 on Feb. 7, 2013. There are known targeted attacks exploiting these vulnerabilities "in the wild".
Please update your Adobe Flash software, if you have not already done so.
Fixes 17 critical vulnerabilities for Windows and Mac, Linux and Android
Targeted attacks exploited "in the wild"
Affected Software ==> Recommended Flash Player Update
Adobe Flash Player 11.5.502.149 and earlier (Windows) ==> Flash Player 11.6.602.168
Adobe Flash Player 11.5.502.149 and earlier (Mac OS X) ==> Flash Player 11.6.602.167
Adobe Flash Player 188.8.131.522 and earlier (Linux) ==> Flash Player 184.108.40.2060
Adobe Flash Player 220.127.116.11 and earlier (Android 4.x) ==> Flash Player 18.104.22.168
Adobe Flash Player 22.214.171.124 and earlier (Android 3.x and earlier) ==> Flash Player 126.96.36.199
Flash Player installed with Google Chrome will automatically be updated to the latest Google Chrome version, which will include Adobe Flash Player 11.6.602.167 for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
Flash Player installed with Internet Explorer 10 for Windows 8 will automatically be updated to the latest Internet Explorer 10 version, which will include Adobe Flash Player 11.6.602.167 for Windows.
Which Version of Adobe Flash Player am I running?
To Install Adobe Flash Player Update:
1. Close all applications.
2. Ensure that you are logged in with an administrator account.
3. You may need to temporarily disable your anti-virus program.
4. Open your web browser to http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
5. Uncheck "Free McAfee Security Scan Plus", "Free Google Toolbar" or "Google Chrome".
6. Click "Download now" button.
7. Save file to your hard drive. Double click on file to run it.
8. Check "I have read and agree to the terms of the Flash Player License Agreement."
9. Click Install button.
10. Follow instructions on the screen.
11. When the installation is complete, open web browser to http://www.adobe.com/products/flash/about/ to confirm the version of Adobe Flash Player that you are running. You may need to restart your browser.
Note: you must update Adobe Flash Player for each web browser that is installed on your system, eg Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, etc.
Firefox Windows users: if you are having problems with the Flash installer from Adobe's download page, download the full Flash Player installer directly from Adobe.com at
For More Information
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 956-8883, email email@example.com or call (800) 558-2669 toll free from the neighbor islands.