|SUMMARY:||Oracle Java 7 and Java 6 security updates|
|REPORTER:||Jocelyn E Kasamoto (jocelyn)|
|START TIME:||Mar 06 10:02 AM|
|END TIME:||Mar 20 10:02 AM|
Oracle released security updates Java 7 u17 and Java 6 u43 to fix multiple vulnerabilities that could allow an attacker to execute arbitrary code on a vulnerable system. Please run Java updates to get the latest build for your version of Java.
Vulnerability CVE-2013-1493 is being actively exploited "in the wild" and exploit code is publicly available. Please apply the update as soon as possible.
For Windows users:
To update Java 7:
- Go to the Control Panel ("Classic" view in Windows XP and
Vista, or "Icons" view in Windows 7; then go to "Programs" in Windows 8)
- Click on the Java icon
- Go to the "Update" tab from within the Java Control Panel
window, and click on "Update Now"
To update Java 6:
- Go to http://www.java.com/en/download/manual_v6.jsp
- Download the appropriate file for your Windows OS and follow instructions on the website
For mac users:
To update Java 7 (OS 10.7, 10.8):
- Go to http://www.java.com
To update Java 6 (OS 10.6.8):
- Go to Apple menu > Software update
or download from http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1573
For more information
Oracle Java Contains Multiple Vulnerabilities (US-CERT Alert TA13-064A)
Oracle Security Alert for CVE-2013-1493
CERT Vulnerability Note VU#688246 - Java contains multiple vulnerabilities
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 956-8883 or email email@example.com.