Windows/Mac/Linux: Adobe Flash Player Security Updates
|SUMMARY:||Windows/Mac/Linux: Adobe Flash Player Security Updates|
|REPORTER:||Jocelyn E Kasamoto (jocelyn)|
|START TIME:||Dec 11 04:26 PM|
|END TIME:||Jan 10 04:26 PM|
Adobe released security bulletin APSB13-28 on Dec. 10, 2013 providing security updates for Adobe Flash Player to fix critical vulnerabilities (Windows and Mac) that could cause a crash and allow an attacker to take control of the vulnerable system.
Security updates for critical vulnerabilities (CVE-2013-5331, CVE-2013-5332) have been released. Adobe is aware of reports exploiting these vulnerabilities by tricking a user to open a Microsoft Word document with a malicious Flash (.swf) content.
Please update your Adobe Flash Player software, if you have not already done so.
Fixes critical vulnerabilities, including CVE-2013-5331 and CVE-2013-5332, for Windows and Mac, and Linux
Affected Software ==> Recommended Flash Player Update
Adobe Flash Player 11.9.900.152 and earlier (Windows, Mac) ==> Flash Player 11.9.900.170
Adobe Flash Player 22.214.171.1247 and earlier (Linux) ==> Flash Player 126.96.36.1992
Flash Player installed with Google Chrome will automatically be updated to the latest Google Chrome version, which will include Adobe Flash Player 11.9.900.170 for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
Flash Player installed with Internet Explorer 10/11 will automatically be updated to the latest Internet Explorer 10/11 version, which will include Adobe Flash Player 11.9.900.170 for Windows 8.0/8.1.
For users of Flash Player 11.7.700.252 and earlier versions for Windows and Macintosh, who cannot update to Flash Player 11.9.900.170, Adobe has made available the update Flash Player 11.7.700.257, which can be downloaded from http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html
* Note: Beginning July 9, 2013, Adobe Flash Player 11.7.x replaced version 10.3.x as the extended support version. Adobe recommends users upgrade to version 11.7.x in order to continue to receive security updates.
Which Version of Adobe Flash Player am I running?
To Install Adobe Flash Player Update:
1. Close all applications.
2. Ensure that you are logged in with an administrator account.
3. You may need to temporarily disable your anti-virus program.
4. Open your web browser to http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
5. UNCHECK "Free McAfee Security Scan Plus", "Free Google Toolbar" or "Google Chrome".
6. Click "Download now" button.
7. Save file to your hard drive. Double click on file to run it.
8. Check "I have read and agree to the terms of the Flash Player License Agreement."
9. Click Install button.
10. Follow instructions on the screen.
11. When the installation is complete, open web browser to http://www.adobe.com/products/flash/about/ to confirm the version of Adobe Flash Player that you are running. You may need to restart your browser.
Note: you must update Adobe Flash Player for each web browser that is installed on your system, eg Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, etc.
For Firefox users: If you are having problems with the Flash installer from Adobe's download page, download the full Flash Player installer directly from Adobe.com at download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_11_plugin.exe
For More Information
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 956-8883, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 558-2669 toll free from the neighbor islands.