|SUMMARY:||Windows/Mac/Linux: Adobe Flash Player Security Updates APSB14-13|
|REPORTER:||Jocelyn E Kasamoto (jocelyn)|
|START TIME:||Apr 28 12:35 PM|
|END TIME:||May 28 12:35 PM|
Adobe released security updates today, April 28, 2014, for a critical vulnerability that is currently actively being exploited to target Flash Player users on Windows. The security update addresses CVE-2014-0515 which could allow an attacker to take remote control of a vulnerable system. 
The Flash Player security updates are for Windows, OS X and Linux users. For Windows/OS X, the current version is now 18.104.22.168 and for Linux 22.214.171.1246. Google Chrome users need to update Google Chrome to fix the included version of Flash as do users of Internet Explorer 10 and 11. 
Please update your Adobe Flash Player to the recommended version as soon as possible.
Affected Software ==> Recommended Flash Player Update
Adobe Flash Player 126.96.36.199 and earlier (Windows) ==> Flash Player 188.8.131.52
Adobe Flash Player 184.108.40.206 and earlier (Mac) ==> Flash Player 220.127.116.11
Adobe Flash Player 18.104.22.1680 and earlier (Linux) ==> Flash Player 22.214.171.1246
Flash Player installed with Google Chrome will automatically be updated to the latest Google Chrome version, which will include Adobe Flash Player 126.96.36.199 for Windows and Mac (188.8.131.526 for Linux).
Flash Player installed with Internet Explorer 10/11 will automatically be updated to the latest Internet Explorer 10/11 version, which will include Adobe Flash Player 184.108.40.206 for Windows 8.0/8.1.
Which Version of Adobe Flash Player am I running?
To Install Adobe Flash Player Update (Firefox):
1. Close all applications.
2. Ensure that you are logged in with an administrator account.
3. You may need to temporarily disable your anti-virus program.
4. Open your web browser to http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
5. UNCHECK "Free McAfee Security Scan Plus", "Free Google Toolbar" or "Google Chrome".
6. Click "Install Now" button.
7. Save file to your hard drive. Double click on file to run it.
8. Check "I have read and agree to the terms of the Flash Player License Agreement."
9. Click Install button.
10. Follow instructions on the screen.
11. Note: set Adobe Flash Player update options to either "allow Adobe to install updates (recommended)" or "notify me to install updates". Click Next.
12. When the installation is complete, open web browser to http://www.adobe.com/products/flash/about/ to confirm the version of Adobe Flash Player that you are running. You may need to restart your browser.
Note: you must update Adobe Flash Player for each web browser that is installed on your system, eg Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome, etc.
Beginning May 13, 2014, Adobe Flash Player 13 for Mac and Windows will replace version 11.7 as the extended support version. Adobe recommends that users upgrade to version 13 to continue to receive security updates.
For More Information
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 956-8883, email email@example.com or call (800) 558-2669 toll free from the neighbor islands.