Windows/Mac/Linux: Adobe Flash Player Security Updates APSB14-14
|SUMMARY:||Windows/Mac/Linux: Adobe Flash Player Security Updates APSB14-14|
|REPORTER:||Jocelyn E Kasamoto (jocelyn)|
|START TIME:||May 13 10:36 AM|
|END TIME:||Jun 13 10:36 AM|
Adobe released security updates (APSB14-14) today, May 13, 2014, for Adobe Flash Player which fixes six vulnerabilities, rated "priority 1" (may have been used in targeted exploits). One of the six vulnerabilities (CVE-2014-0510) was found earlier this year during the pwn2own hacking contest (remote code execution with sandbox bypass). 
The Flash Player security updates are for Windows, OS X and Linux users. For Windows/OS X, the current version is now 22.214.171.124 and for Linux 126.96.36.1999. Google Chrome users need to update Google Chrome to fix the included version of Flash as do users of Internet Explorer 10 and 11. 
Please update your Adobe Flash Player to the recommended version as soon as possible.
Affected Software ==> Recommended Flash Player Update
Adobe Flash Player 188.8.131.52 and earlier (Windows) ==> Flash Player 184.108.40.206
Adobe Flash Player 220.127.116.11 and earlier (Mac) ==> Flash Player 18.104.22.168
Adobe Flash Player 22.214.171.1246 and earlier (Linux) ==> Flash Player 126.96.36.1999
Flash Player installed with Google Chrome will automatically be updated to the latest Google Chrome version, which will include Adobe Flash Player 188.8.131.52 for Windows and Mac (184.108.40.2069 for Linux).
Flash Player installed with Internet Explorer 10/11 will automatically be updated to the latest Internet Explorer 10/11 version, which will include Adobe Flash Player 220.127.116.11 for Windows 8.0/8.1.
Which Version of Adobe Flash Player am I running?
To Install Adobe Flash Player Update (Firefox):
1. Close all applications.
2. Ensure that you are logged in with an administrator account.
3. You may need to temporarily disable your anti-virus program.
4. Open your web browser to http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
5. UNCHECK "Free McAfee Security Scan Plus", "Free Google Toolbar" or "Google Chrome".
6. Click "Install Now" button.
7. Save file to your hard drive. Double click on file to run it.
8. Check "I have read and agree to the terms of the Flash Player License Agreement."
9. Click Install button.
10. Follow instructions on the screen.
11. Note: set Adobe Flash Player update options to either "allow Adobe to install updates (recommended)" or "notify me to install updates". Click Next.
12. When the installation is complete, open web browser to http://www.adobe.com/products/flash/about/ to confirm the version of Adobe Flash Player that you are running. You may need to restart your browser.
Note: you must update Adobe Flash Player for each web browser that is installed on your system, eg Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome, etc.
Beginning May 13, 2014, Adobe Flash Player 13 for Mac and Windows will replace version 11.7 as the extended support version. Adobe recommends that users upgrade to version 13 to continue to receive security updates.
For More Information
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 956-8883, email email@example.com or call (800) 558-2669 toll free from the neighbor islands.