Skip to content

There are many federal, state and private resources available to help fund your education at any one of our 10 campuses.

Financial aid offices at each campus have professional staff members to administer these programs and advise students and families regarding the financial aid and scholarship opportunities available to them throughout the UH System.

Begin by filling out the U.S. Department of Education’s Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

Once you have been accepted into a University of Hawaiʻi program, contact your campus’ financial aid office. Additional types of financial assistance may be available.

Campus Financial Aid Offices and Numbers

Mānoa    (808) 956-7251
Hilo    (808) 932-7449
West Oʻahu    (808) 689-2900
Hawaiʻi    (808) 934-2712
Honolulu    (808) 845-9116

Kapiʻolani    (808) 734-9537
Kauaʻi    (808) 245-8360
Leeward    (808) 455-0606
Maui    (808) 984-3277
Windward    (808) 235-7449

Federal Financial Aid

The Federal government has many types of grants, scholarships, work study and loan programs available to those who qualify.


All UH campuses use the U.S. Department of Education’s Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to determine eligibility for federal and most campus-based financial aid programs.

These programs are awarded exclusively by the financial aid office at the individual UH campuses. Check with the financial aid office where you plan to attend for more information on availability of funds, eligibility, deadlines and required forms.

Federal Scholarships and Grants

For information about the opportunities listed here, please visit the Federal Student Aid website.

  • Federal Pell Grant
  • Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant
  • Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grant

Federal Work Study

Under the Federal Work Study Program, you can work part-time to earn money for your education.

The FWS Program provides part-time employment while you are enrolled in school, helps pay your educational expenses, is available to undergraduate and graduate students, available to full-time or part-time students, administered by schools participating in the FWS Program and encourages community service work and work related to your course of study, whenever possible.


Last modified: October 25, 2022
Back To Top