Manoa Faculty Senate Executive Committee Minutes of December 13, 2004
Senate Chairman Tom Schroeder, Bley-Vroman, Uchida and Ramsey
convened at 3:02 p.m. Roger Lukas was excused for final
The minutes for Dec. 6 were edited and approved.
Chairman Schroeder reported on the following meetings:
- MLT the previous Tuesday: Black faculty symposium; the price of
flood recovery being $50 m to $100 m; review of the WASC town hall
meeting; admissions task force; "dollarizing" tuition waivers;
graduate tuition waivers to continue; TF report on campus security ---
alcohol in the dorms and military men seeking a "good time" in the
- Same day 11:30 am meeting with Chancellor Englert about the SOEST
Dean search, which is now extended and will employ a search firm's
- Meeting McClain at a Wednesday evening reception for UCP/Manoa
- SBAG on Friday: the Governor has chopped the request and a top
CIP is a new Hilo building
- Mahalo breakfast for volunteers who helped with flood
- Chairman Schroeder is on the committee to fill the new CFO
position (one of two representatives from ACCFSC)
- MME was cancelled
Committee liaison reports
- GEC will hold a two-hour workshop Wednesday morning of exam week
about assessment of the general education program. A GEC replacement
is needed for Randy Hensley (who resigned).
- CSA would be meeting during exam week.
- CAB is trying to meet with Gaines and Daniels about finances of
The SEC reviewed draft minutes for December Faculty Senate meeting
(approximately 45 minutes)
Chairman Schroeder announced that the December 20 meeting would
focus on selecting the ad-hoc committee that will review the
classified research policy.