Manoa Faculty Senate Executive Committee Minutes of April 11, 2005
Chairman Tom Schroeder convened the SEC at 2:00 p.m. to meet with
VCAA Ostrander with everyone present except Hilgers and Bley-Vroman
who were both traveling. After VCAA Ostrander left around 3:00 p.m.,
the meeting continued with its regular agenda. Around 4:30 the SEC
met with Chancellor Englert.
- VCAA Ostrander brought up 4 items: a 1-year continuation of the
present RTRF allocation policy; 30 or so researchers who've not filed
required reports with funding agencies; UARC; etc. The SEC had
- The minutes of April 4 were adopted with some revision.
- Chairman Schroeder reported on numerous meetings. An MLT meeting
discussed the UH Foundation, the death of the procurement bill, and
fires set in Hamilton Library and Keller Hall. The MME meeting
discussed budgeting. Schroeder attended a private meeting of the
Chancellor's staff to debrief the Chancellor's public UARC meetings.
Schroeder stood in for Ramsey at a recent GEC meeting, at which the
GEC sought to inspire the HAP board to act in a timely and coherent
- The SEC discussed some proposed principles for research at
- Lukas circulated a draft resolution about traffic and pedestrian
safety on campus. The SEC endorsed it for presentation to the
- Lukas circulated a resolution from COR calling for an annual
(September) accounting of RTRF revenues and expenditures.
- The SEC reviewed the agenda for the April Senate meeting: minutes
(5), SEC candidates (5), ACCFSC charter and by-laws (5 to 10), CAPP on
ethnobotany (20), traffic and pedestrian safety (10), COR on RTRF
accountability (15), JABSOM presentation (15)
- The current activities of all standing committees were
- Chancellor Englert discussed UARC, the Hawaii Senate's action on
the UH budget, drinking on campus, pedestrian safety and related