Manoa Faculty Senate Executive Committee Minutes of May 2, 2005
Chairman Tom Schroeder convened the SEC at 3:00 p.m. with Uchida,
Dator, Lukas, Hilgers, Ramsey and Bley-Vroman present. Also present
were the following members of the new SEC: Jim Tiles, Bill Lampe, and
- The minutes of April 25 were adopted.
- The Chair reported.
- The committee liaisons reported. CFS is done for the year; their
last act was to nominate faculty for the search for a VC for Students.
COA met the previous Friday; their on-going concerns include (1) the
exact role of the FAR vis-à-vis the chancellor, COA and AAB and (2)
accommodation of students who are out of state on university
"business". CAB met with VC Cutshaw. CAPP is expecting some further
controversy about ACM. GEC will be meeting this week.
- There was some discussion of "release time" for the members of the
SEC, and other aspects of the Senate budget.
- There was some discussion of the committee assignments. It was
decided to name Helen Baroni as Vice Chair of the GenEd Committee (the
SEC picks that committee's two officers).
- Tentative agreement was reached on a process for a Senate-driven