Manoa Faculty Senate Annual Committee Report 2007-08
Committee on Faculty Service (CFS)
Steve Brown (ED), Nathan Chang (SOCWK), Wendy Kawabata (A&H), Carol Kellett (LIBSVCS) (Chair), Marian Melish (JABSOM), Lurana O'Malley (A&H), Aspy Palia (SCB) , Karol Richardson (N/DH), Ilia Roussev (ORU), Elizabeth Wichmann-Walczak (A&H), Jean Young (CTAHR), Ivica Zalud (JABSOM)
The committee ran electronic elections for senate elections. Voting in the MFS election was average (overall 27.41%; low of 13.79%, high 45.24%). Voting in the SEC election was very good (71%).
CFS received several requests via SEC for faculty to serve on various campus and system committees, boards and workgroups:
- Ethics Committee (System)
- Athletics Advisory Board (Chancellor)
- Arts & Sciences Workgroup (Chancellor)
- Student Conduct Committee (Vice Chancellor for Students)
- Academic Grievance Committee (Vice Chancellor for Students)
- Food Service Advisory Committee (Vice Chancellor for Students)
- Student Employee of the Year Awards Committee (Office of Student Affairs)
- Awards Committee (Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs)
- Academic Procedures Committee (Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs)
The committee is working with SEC and administration to formalize a list of all campus and system committees with faculty representation as part of the ongoing shared governance discussion with the Chancellor.
In early May 2008, the committee is sending out a call to all Mānoa faculty asking them to indicate the kinds of committees on which they would be willing to serve. This practice started last year and I recommend this practice be continued.
Submitted by Carol Kellett, Chair[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Contact dave at math.hawaii.edu with comments regarding this site.