Manoa Faculty Senate Annual Committee Report 2007-08
Committee on Professional Matters (CPM)
Committee on Professional Matters met six times and accomplished the following:
1. Reviewed and recommended revisions to Policy on Classified and Proprietary Research (Committee on Research).
2. Reviewed and recommended revisions to Tenure upon Initial Appointment.
3. Reviewed Executive Policy E9-214 – Division/Department Chairs, decided it needed extensive revision, and recommended changes. CPM Chair Andrea Bartlett participated in the Committee of Chairs meeting 11/7/07, when this issue was addressed.
4. Members reviewed the Faculty Handbook Wiki, and some made changes to their assigned sections. We found that the Wiki includes outdated information, and a few members had technical difficulties. Andrea Bartlett asked the Webmaster to move the Wiki from “Policies” to “Documents.”
5. Presented a Document Simplification Resolution to UHM Faculty Senate, 3/19/08, which was tabled. Revised and presented this resolution 4/16/08, when it passed.
Submitted by Andrea Bartlett, Chair[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Contact dave at math.hawaii.edu with comments regarding this site.