Mus 410G, Guitar Ensemble, revolves around the rehearsal and performance of works for guitar chamber orchestra and smaller ensembles such as duets, trios and quartets. Ensemble format (sizes) and works may vary according to student enrollment and ability. Classical guitar and note reading experience are required for success in this course. This course culminates in one or more public performances near the end of the semester.
The main goals of this course are:
- Ability to perform guitar ensembles in a public concert.
- Development of ensemble playing skills: following a conductor, giving and receiving cues, listening and responding musically to the ensemble, rehearsal etiquette, and practice techniques.
- Improved sight reading skills.
- Improved musicianship.
- Confidence and poise on stage.
- Increased knowledge of guitar ensemble literature.
- Ability to participate in the musical community as an ensemble player.
Instructor of this course is Peter Kun Frary. The course is repeatable. Prerequisite: audition or consent.