Office 2016 (Mac) Information
Microsoft Office helps you complete common business tasks, including word processing, email, presentations, data management and analysis, and more.
Minimum System Requirements
- A Mac computer with an Intel processor.
- 4 GB of RAM
- 6 GB of free hard disk space in HFS+ hard disk format. (also known as Mac OS Extended or HFS Plus)
- 1280 x 800 or higher resolution monitor.
- OSX 10.10 or later.
ITS Supported Version
- Office 2016 Standard (Mac)
- Word 2016
- Excel 2016
- PowerPoint 2016
- Outlook 2016
Departments may purchase this software through the ITS Site License Office using the downgrade option. UH faculty, staff, and students may purchase the most current version of Microsoft Office for personal use through the University of Hawaii Bookstore. Additionally, this version of MS Office may be available from other computer software retailers.
Microsoft Office updates are available through the Help context menu when in a current Office 2016 Standard application.
- On the top menu, go to Help > Check for Updates.
- Under "How would you like updates to be installed?", select Automatically Download and Install.
- Click Check for Updates.
For more in-depth instructions on updating your Office 2016 Standard installation, you can refer to the instructions here.
Company Web Site