Project Management BasicsMay 30, 8:00am - 4:00pm
Mānoa Campus, Room TBA
May 29-30, 2018 • Tue/Wed • 8:00am-4:00pm • 2 mtgs • Room TBA
Project management is a key workplace skill for managers, team leaders, and members of a project team that has significantly increased in importance and recognition in the recent years. Projects are the primary mechanism for organizational transformation and improvement, and the concepts and tools of project management can be applied across all business areas, including non-profit and government sectors. This two-day course will provide the basic concepts of project management to help participants build their skills to plan and manage their own successful projects as well as be effective leaders and valuable team members of larger projects.
Participants will receive a training certificate of completion after successful completion of the course.
Seminar topics include:
- What is a project? Key Concepts
- The role of a project manager
- Initiating a project (Chartering a project, Stakeholder identification and analysis)
- Planning a project (Developing a project plan, Project objectives, Deliverables, Scope, High level schedule, Project budget, Responsibility assignments, Communication plan, Risk Management planning)
- Executing a project (Direct and manage project work, Develop project team)
- Monitoring a project (Status meetings, Status reporting, Perform Integrated Change Control, Managing project risk)
- Closing a project (Close project or phase, Lessons learned)
- Trends and emerging practices - Considerations for Waterfall and Agile / Adaptive Environments
Who should attend?
- Students and working professionals that would like to increase their knowledge and understanding of Project Management
- Those that are new to Project Management but would like to take advantage of this growing area in popularity, career opportunities and recognition
- Everyone interested in learning about Project Management and would like to build a foundation for further developing their PM skills, including later obtaining the Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Those who would like to become more effective leaders and be valuable members of project teams
- Those that want to complete successful projects on time, on budget, and within scope with the highest possible quality.
Course fee include all course materials. Sweater and brown bag lunch suggested.
Mr. Glenn Hamamura, PMP, is the principal of Systems Excellence LLC, a Hawaii based consulting firm. He holds Master of Science and Bachelor of Science degrees from Stanford University, and is a graduate of IBM’s Systems Research Institute. He has been involved in project management in IT and other industries in Hawaii for many years.
Glenn is also a Stanford Certified Project Manager, a PMI Agile Certified Practitioner, a Certified Professional Facilitator (CPF), and holds several ASQ (American Society for Quality) Certifications (Certified Manager of Organizational Excellence, Quality Auditor, Quality Engineer, and Six Sigma Black Belt). He was elected a Fellow of the American Society for Quality in 2016.
He has served as an Examiner for the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award (2006-2008) and as a Senior and Alumni Examiner (2009 through present).
Yovo Stefanov is a certified Project Management Professional (PMP) since 2009 with over 10 years of working and teaching Project Management experience. Yovo is also active within the PM community through his membership of the Project Management Institutes' PMI Honolulu chapter where he teaches the PMP Prep Course, presents on different PM topics and volunteers at different PMI Honolulu events. Yovo is a graduate of Hawaii Pacific University and is currently a Project Manager and Analytics Manager at Collateral Analytics, real estate valuation company based in Hawaii following a 8-year career in Project Management and Risk Management at First Hawaii Bank.
$669 (Early Bird Special - register by 05/08/18); $679 (Regular)
Outreach College Professional Programs, Mānoa Campus
Outreach College Professional Programs, (808) 956-9249, email@example.com, http://www.outreach.hawaii.edu/professional/courses/programdetail/3941