SCEP Live Online Story ShareApril 23, 7:00pm - 8:00pm
Mānoa Campus, Hosted by SCEP Live Online
The Statewide Cultural Extension Program (SCEP), a program of UH Manoa Outreach College, is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year. Join us on Friday, April 23 at 7:00pm as we present a new project: SCEP Live Online Story Share. Register at outreach.hawaii.edu/scep for the direct link to the performance.
Members of the University of Hawai‘i community responded to our call for stories about the University of Hawai‘i at Manoa. The following individuals will share their stories live from the UH Manoa Orvis Auditorium on the SCEP Live Online YouTube channel:
- Dave Del Rocco – UH Manoa graduate in Hawaiian languages, former HSPLS librarian, and currently a Hawaiian Culture and Social Studies teacher at Punahou School
- Michael Jones, retired Associate Researcher and professor, UH Manoa Department of Physics and Astronomy
- Emma McGuire, former UH Manoa Hawaiian language teacher; currently, Hawaiian language faculty at Punahou School
- Neal Milner, retired Political Sciences professor and former UH Manoa Ombudsman
- Sri Tencate, UH alumna and retired HSPLS librarian and Branch Manager, Molokai Public Library
The Story Share Band adds a musical component to the evening with musicians Bailey Matsuda, Alex Morrison, and Chris Yeh.
SCEP Live Online Story Share is now seeking stories from individuals in the community. We welcome story proposals from the community based on a memory of life in Hawai‘i.
Entry Deadline: April 30, 2021
- All stories must be true and based on your own memory.
- You should be able to tell your story in a maximum of 10 minutes.
- Your name
- Best way to contact you, phone, email or text
- A 2-3 sentence synopsis of your story
UH Manoa Outreach College, Mānoa Campus
Friday, April 23
Spring DOH-UH Public Webinar Series on Aging: Webinar 4Mānoa Campus, Zoom Registration: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJIld-6hrDgpGdFqlYoufcjMy8OMCbIHYGxY
Optimizing Soil for Container Vegetable GardensMānoa Campus, Lyon Arboretum, 3860 Manoa Rd
Mechanical Engineering Final OralMānoa Campus, Zoom Video Conferencing, Link Below
WRRC/‘Ike Wai SeminarMānoa Campus, Zoom Meeting
Education Final OralMānoa Campus, Zoom Committee Chair
Aerospace Engineering Seminar SeriesMānoa Campus, Zoom
Earth Sciences SeminarMānoa Campus, Zoom Webinar
SCEP Live Online Story ShareMānoa Campus, Hosted by SCEP Live Online
Remotely Kyogen: Comedy Under the (virtual) StarsMānoa Campus, 1770 East West Road