Systemwide Events Calendar
3rd International Conference on Language Documentation & ConservationFebruary 28, 2013 - March 3, 2013
Manoa Campus, Imin Conference Center
Linguists estimate that at least half of the world’s 6,000 languages will be extinct before 2100. Each extinction constitutes a loss of cultural history, knowledge, and identity. Language documentation and conservation efforts aim to slow this loss. From February 28 to March 3, 2013, the 3rd International Conference on Language Documentation and Conservation (ICLDC 3) will bring together language researchers from diverse backgrounds in the spirit of “Sharing Worlds of Knowledge”, the theme of the ICLDC 3.
This year’s conference features over 400 international participants and 200 presentations, as well as NSF-sponsored Master Classes for language and culture documenters, taught by experts in ethnobotany, ethnogeography, folk taxonomy, oral history, ethnomusicology, and kinship systems. Plenarists include Dr. Nicholas Evans from Australian National University and Kālepa Baybayan of the Polynesian Voyaging Society.
The 3rd International Conference on Language Documentation and Conservation: Sharing Worlds of Knowledge, will be held at the Hawaiʻi Imin International Conference Center on the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa campus. Registration begins Thursday, February 28 at 7:30 am. For more details, including the complete conference program, please visit our website (http://nflrc.hawaii.edu/icldc/2013/), Facebook page, and Twitter.
Linguistics, NFLRC, Manoa Campus
|Sunday, March 3|
|7:30am||The Wellness Center - Fitness Class Schedule
Maui Campus, Pilina Bldg., Wellness Center
|9:00am||Creativity on the Go: iPhoto, iMovie, and Garageband for the iPad
Manoa Campus, UHM Law School Classroom 1
|1:00pm||Free Commuter Cycling 101 Workshop
Manoa Campus, Moore 112
- Highlighted dates have scheduled events.
- Select the date to view all events for that day.
- Lineage : A Family Tree of Printmakers
- The White Rose : nonviolent resistance against the Nazi regime
- Arts Exhibition: Ainu Treasures: A Living Tradition in Northern Japan
- Biggest Loser Challenge
- Contemporary Photography in Hawaii 2013
- Phoebe Cummings: Cella
- L. Stephen Lau Water Research Endowed Scholarship 2013
- 3rd International Conference on Language Documentation & Conservation
- 3rd International Conference on Language Documentation & Conservation (ICLDC)
- 11th Annual Temple Emanu-El Kirk Cashmere Jewish Film Festival
- Liminal, an MFA thesis exhibition by Jessica Orfe