Systemwide Events Calendar
Third Biennial Western Regional IDeA Scientific ConferenceOctober 6, 2013 - October 8, 2013
Waikiki Beach Marriot Resort & Spa
You are invited to attend the Third Biennial Western Regional IDeA Scientific Conference. This is a scientific conference that the Hawaii IDeA Networks of Biomedical Research Excellence (INBRE) and Centers of Biomedical Research Excellence (COBRE) are hosting in Waikiki on October 6-8, 2013.
The theme for this meeting is “One Biology,” in hopes of creating connections and collaborations from the bench to bedside, and to the broader community.
Our Hawaii COBRE and INBRE programs are honored to be selected by the NIH National Institute of General Medical Sciences (NIGMS), the sponsor of the Institutional Development Award (IDeA) programs, to host the conference this year. This conference will be the first one in the State of Hawaii and will take place at the Waikiki Beach Marriot Resort & Spa. The Western Regional states are comprised of 7 states: Alaska, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, and Wyoming. However, this conference is open to everyone. We welcome other states and institutions to participate, especially our local researchers and students. This is a great opportunity to forge collaborations and connect with other institutions to learn more about their research projects and programs.
Please visit the conference website for more information.
National Institute of General Medical Sciences (NIGMS), Manoa Campus
692-1825, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://inbre2.jabsom.hawaii.edu/idea2013/index.html
|Sunday, October 6|
|3:00pm||Opening reception for Convergence: Glitch_Click_Thunk, Featuring Mark Amerika
Manoa Campus, Art Building, University of Hawai'i Art Gallery
|3:00pm||Intramural Sports - Basketball
Maui Campus, Baldwin High School Gymnasium
|3:00pm||Trip Around the Island exhibit
Manoa Campus, Hamilton Library Bridge Gallery
- Highlighted dates have scheduled events.
- Select the date to view all events for that day.
- The Wonder of Learning: the Hundred Languages of Children Exhibit
- Waikiki Parc Features Nicole Naone
- Course Reserves Deadlines and Information
- SAPFB Spring 2014 Funding Cycle
- Red Hat System Administration I
- EWC Arts Exhibition: Bollywood & Beyond: Costume in Indian Film
- Kalaupapa -- A Source of Light, Constant and Never-Fading
- Spring / Fall
- Convergence: Glitch_Click_Thunk, Featuring Mark Amerika
- Trip Around the Island
- Big Love
- Third Biennial Western Regional IDeA Scientific Conference