Systemwide Events Calendar
Papa ‘ōlelo Hawai‘i- Hawaiian Language Class (Section 2)April 2, 1:00pm - 3:00pm
Manoa Campus, Lyon Arboretum, 3860 Manoa Rd.
Want to learn the language of your island home? E ‘ōlelo Hawai‘i kākou! Let’s speak Hawaiian! This introductory course in Hawaiian language is taught by Emmalani Makepa-Foley, a UHM Hawaiian Language/Hawaiian Studies graduate and Lyon education programs staff. This class offers a hands-on approach to learning ‘ōlelo Hawai‘i (Hawaiian Language) bringing in ‘ike Hawai‘i (Hawaiian knowledge) as well as the beautiful and culturally rich surroundings of Mānoa valley at the Lyon Arboretum. You do not want to miss this opportunity! E hele mai. call 988-0456 to register. Class meets 6 sessions: 4/2, 4/9, 4/23, 5/7, 5/14, 5/28.
$60 for 6 class meetings
Lyon Arboretum, Manoa Campus
|Wednesday, April 2|
|1:00pm||Art Conservation and Preservation: A talk with Seth Irwin
Windward Campus, Hale Imiloa 111
|1:30pm||Digital Image Use 101: Finding and Using Images from the Internet
Manoa Campus, Kuykendall 106
|2:30pm||Geography Final Oral: Conservation & Decentralization in Indonesia
Manoa Campus, Saunders Hall 442
|3:00pm||National Consciousness and Eugenics in Territorial Hawai'i
Manoa Campus, Kamakakuokalania 201
Manoa Campus, Marine Sciences Building, MSB 100
|4:00pm||Stanley Kubrick, Secret Musician
Doris Duke Theatre
|6:00pm||Out Loud in the Library!
Windward Campus, Hale La‘akea–Library Learning Commons, lower level
|6:00pm||ASUH General Senate Meeting
Manoa Campus, Campus Center 310
- Highlighted dates have scheduled events.
- Select the date to view all events for that day.
- Our Musical Heritage: The Royal Hawaiian Band
- Na Pa'i Ki'i o Brother Bertram
- A World of Chinese Puppets from the Lin Liu-Hsin Museum, Taiwan
- i.KEA Inspiring Knowledge, Empowerment and Achievement
- TRIO-SSS Summer Bridge 2014
- Waikiki Parc Features Tonia Moreno
- YUAN: by Beili Liu
- Windward CC Art Faculty Exhibit at Gallery ‘Iolani
- Traveling Exhibit: Gardens of Hawaii
- Book Making in the 18th Century: In Diderot’s Encyclopedie, 1751-1780
- HI Pride T-Shirt Contest
- Candidates for ASUHWO Student Government
- Go for Broke: Japanese American Soldiers Fighting on Two Fronts
- "ART 336—Wearable Art" by Madeleine Soder's students
- 25th Annual SPAS Graduate Student Conference