Systemwide Events Calendar
25th Annual SPAS Graduate Student ConferenceApril 2, 2014 - March 2, 2014
Manoa Campus, Center for Korean Studies
The University of Hawai’i at Mānoa’s School of Pacific and Asian Studies (SPAS) will host the 25th annual graduate student conference in Spring of 2014. The event hopes to feature and promote the graduate-level research of students hailing from a wide range of backgrounds including Hawai’i, the US Mainland, Asia, and the Pacific Islands. The conference will provide the UH Mānoa student community, faculty, and staff with exposure to a diversity of contemporary themes and research topics in Asian and Pacific Island Studies. In addition to research presentations, the conference will feature performances by various Asian and Pacific dance and music groups and will host a keynote speaker whose research addresses the conference’s interdisciplinary theme. The event will also provide the opportunity for students to network with peers from all over Asia and the Pacific.
Our keynote speaker this year is Dr. Nancy Lee Peluso, from University of California, Berkeley. Her speech is entitled, "The Plantation and the Mine: Political Ecologies of Order and Chaos."
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com.
School of Pacific and Asian Studies, Manoa Campus
|Wednesday, April 2|
|1:00pm||Art Conservation and Preservation: A talk with Seth Irwin
Windward Campus, Hale Imiloa 111
|1:30pm||Digital Image Use 101: Finding and Using Images from the Internet
Manoa Campus, Kuykendall 106
|2:30pm||Geography Final Oral: Conservation & Decentralization in Indonesia
Manoa Campus, Saunders Hall 442
|3:00pm||National Consciousness and Eugenics in Territorial Hawai'i
Manoa Campus, Kamakakuokalania 201
Manoa Campus, Marine Sciences Building, MSB 100
|4:00pm||Stanley Kubrick, Secret Musician
Doris Duke Theatre
|6:00pm||ASUH General Senate Meeting
Manoa Campus, Campus Center 310
|6:00pm||Out Loud in the Library!
Windward Campus, Hale La‘akea–Library Learning Commons, lower level
- Highlighted dates have scheduled events.
- Select the date to view all events for that day.
- Our Musical Heritage: The Royal Hawaiian Band
- Na Pa'i Ki'i o Brother Bertram
- A World of Chinese Puppets from the Lin Liu-Hsin Museum, Taiwan
- i.KEA Inspiring Knowledge, Empowerment and Achievement
- TRIO-SSS Summer Bridge 2014
- Waikiki Parc Features Tonia Moreno
- YUAN: by Beili Liu
- Windward CC Art Faculty Exhibit at Gallery ‘Iolani
- Traveling Exhibit: Gardens of Hawaii
- Book Making in the 18th Century: In Diderot’s Encyclopedie, 1751-1780
- HI Pride T-Shirt Contest
- Candidates for ASUHWO Student Government
- Go for Broke: Japanese American Soldiers Fighting on Two Fronts
- "ART 336—Wearable Art" by Madeleine Soder's students
- 25th Annual SPAS Graduate Student Conference