Systemwide Events Calendar
Relay For LifeApril 12, 2014 - April 13, 2014
Manoa Campus, Clarence TC Ching Field
This event is proudly presented by the University of Hawai`i at Manoa Student Athletic Fee Committee
Join UH Manoa students, faculty, and alumni in the fight against cancer!
The 9th Annual Relay For Life is an overnight event that raises much needed funds and awareness for the American Cancer Society Hawai`i-Pacific Chapter. This year's event will take place on Saturday, April 12, 2014 from 7:00PM-7:00AM at Clarence TC Ching Field.
Help us win the game of LIFE and celebrate this year's theme with us: BOARD GAMES! Come dressed up as your favorite board game character, you may even win a prize!
Since cancer doesn't sleep, we won't either! Registered participants walk on the track all night, often switching with their team members, to symbolize the ongoing fight against cancer! There will be food, inflatables, & activities including Mr. Relay, Monster Pong, Giant twister, human checkers, Zumba, fitness bootcamp, dodgeball and more! Prizes will be given to winners of our activities, best costumes, and to the top fundraising teams and individuals!
Register your team today to join the fight! There is no minimum or maximum number of people who can be on a single team. Teams can register online at www.RelayUH.com and keep track of their fundraising progress there. All registered teams will receive a tent-site for the night of the event, in which they are encouraged to hold fundraisers to support the Relay For Life.
Are you or somebody you know a cancer survivor or caregiver? We would like to invite all survivors and caregivers to our special Survivor and Caregiver Social to be held at the event! Survivors and their caregivers will be treated to dinner, activities, pampering, prizes, and more! Survivors will receive free parking and an opportunity to walk the first lap of the opening ceremony!
Being a part of a Relay For Life event means doing your part to make sure that no one will ever have to hear the words "you have cancer". Joining is easy!
1. Register yourself or a team at www.relayUH.com
2. Fundraise, fundraise, fundraise!
3. Celebrate cancer survivors, remember loved ones, and fight back against cancer at the 9th Annual Relay For Life!
Student Athletic Fee Committee, Manoa Campus
|Saturday, April 12|
|8:15am||CTAHR and COE Student Research Symposium
Manoa Campus, Agricultural Sciences Building
|10:00am||Ka Mole o Na Pua Festival
|10:00am||Honolulu Community College Children's Center and Early Childhood Club Book Fair
Honolulu Campus, Barnes and Noble Ala Moana
|12:30pm||Yoga in the Garden
Manoa Campus, Lyon Arboretum
|7:30pm||UH Jazz Ensemble
Manoa Campus, Orvis Auditorium
|7:30pm||The Very Persistent Gappers of Frip
Manoa Campus, Kennedy Theatre Mainstage
- Highlighted dates have scheduled events.
- Select the date to view all events for that day.
- Our Musical Heritage: The Royal Hawaiian Band
- Na Pa'i Ki'i o Brother Bertram
- A World of Chinese Puppets from the Lin Liu-Hsin Museum, Taiwan
- TRIO-SSS Summer Bridge 2014
- Waikiki Parc Features Tonia Moreno
- Windward CC Art Faculty Exhibit at Gallery ‘Iolani
- Traveling Exhibit: Gardens of Hawaii
- Book Making in the 18th Century: In Diderot’s Encyclopedie, 1751-1780
- HI Pride T-Shirt Contest
- Candidates for ASUHWO Student Government
- Making it Through Finals Week
- Relay For Life