Rakugo performance (Japanese comedy) in EnglishJanuary 30, 6:30pm - 8:30pm
Mānoa Campus, Orvis Auditorium, 2411 Dole Street
Join us for this special performance, in English, by Katsura Sunshine at Orvis Auditorium on January 30, 2019. Doors open at 6:30PM and show starts 7:00PM.
Katsura Sunshine is a Canadian-born performer of Rakugo, a traditional Japanese comedic storytelling. Sunshine is the first ever Western Rakugo storyteller in the history of the â€œKamigataâ€ Rakugo tradition, based in Osaka, and only the second ever in the history of Japan.
Sunshine has performed in Singapore, the United States and Canada, London, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Oxford, Paris, Sydney, Adelaide, Canberra, Sri Lanka, Hong Kong, Thailand, Ghana, Senegal, Gabon, South Africa, as well as throughout Japan. He currently divides his time between London and Tokyo.
Sunshine has been appointed Cultural Ambassador for the Canadian Chamber of Commerce in Japan, and Friendship Ambassador for Japan and the Republic of Slovenia. He is also Artist in Residence at The Forge Venue in Camden, London.
The event is free of charge but tickets are limited. Please RSVP to email@example.com. If you RSVP, please attend the event. Please let us know if you cannot attend. Any no-show tickets will be handed out 15 minutes prior the start of the show.
Organized by the Consulate General of Japan, United Japanese Society of Hawaii, and the University of HawaiÊ»i at MÄnoa Center for Japanese Studies.
Center for Japanese Studies, Mānoa Campus
Wednesday, January 30
Last Day to Drop Classes for Spring 2019West Oʻahu Campus, Office of Admissions
ICS Speaker Series: The 2004 Indian Ocean Tsunami in Popular FilmMānoa Campus, Burns Hall 2118
Study Abroad Info. Meeting - Summer in Annecy, FranceMānoa Campus, Dean Hall Rm. 9
ICS Speaker Series: Art-Religion and the Celebrity Body by Abigail FineMānoa Campus, Burns Hall 2118
Study Abroad Info. Meeting - Summer in Seville, SpainMānoa Campus, Dean Hall Rm. 9
Study Abroad Info. Meeting - Summer in Lille, FranceMānoa Campus, Moore 204
Joint ATMO & IPRC SeminarMānoa Campus, Marine Sciences Building, MSB 100
LGBTQ+ Coffee HourMānoa Campus, Queen Liliuokalani Center 208
Human Trafficking in Hawai'iMānoa Campus, 2600 Campus Rd. Honolulu, HI 96822
Foodie Bucket List: Local FavesMānoa Campus, Hale Aloha Cafe, 2573 Dole St, Honolulu, HI 96822
Rakugo performance (Japanese comedy) in EnglishMānoa Campus, Orvis Auditorium, 2411 Dole Street
Confessions of an Enemy of the People: Media in the Age of TrumpMānoa Campus, Architecture Auditorium Room 205
- Allison Bianco: Cloud Level
- Spring 2019 SEED Ideas Application
- Honolulu Printmakers 91st Annual Juried Exhibition
- The Gaucho: Tradition and Diversity in Argentina
- Chinese Calligraphy and Painting for Beginners
- Aloha Fridays with Student Parents At MÄnoa (SP@M)
- Japanese Conversation-Advanced
- Conversational Japanese Elementary 2
- Conversational Japanese Elementary 3
- Japanese Conversation-Intermediate
- Conversational Japanese Elementary 1
- Conversational Japanese - High Elementary
- Business Chinese
- Mandarin Chinese Level 1 - Part 2
- Mandarin Chinese Level 1 - Part 1
- Mandarin Chinese (Introductory Level)
- Mandarin Chinese Level 3
- Mandarin Chinese Level 2 - Part 2
- Mandarin Chinese Level 2 - Part 1