Wherever possible, employees should work at least 3 feet from others.
- UH expects all buildings and offices to be open for full, in-person services during normal business hours by July 6, 2021.
- The university will provide reasonable accommodations upon request to all disabled employees that will enable the employee to perform their essential job functions.
Transportation safety is a key element in preventing the transmission of COVID-19. As such, the University has created this guidance related to transportation in UH Vehicles (e.g., state cars and UH shuttles) while working on campus, and to/from any off-campus events, activities, and educational sites.
Requirements for all vehicles:
- Hand sanitizer must be used prior to entering the vehicle.
- Hand sanitizer should be used after touching public surfaces such as gas pumps, parking meters and pay stations, and when entering and exiting buildings.
- If the vehicle is shared with others or there are multiple occupants, frequent touch points within the vehicle must be disinfected before and after each trip (for example, the steering wheel, gear shift, door frame/handles, windows, radio/temperature dials, and seat belt buckles).
Requirements for all vehicles involving two or more occupants and regardless of trip length:
- All occupants must complete the LumiSight UH check in prior to riding in a vehicle together.
- Vehicle occupants must wear masks (in accordance with these guidelines) at all times.
- Hand sanitizer must be used as noted above and during the ride if any items are shared (pens, equipment, etc). Note: keep hand sanitizer in a door side panel or in a covered middle console.
- All windows should remain open to allow for air flow throughout the vehicle.
- If used, air conditioning vents should be running and pointed down in the vehicle; do not use recirculated air.
- Food and drinks may not be consumed during the trip.
- A log should be kept of all vehicle users and passengers to aid in contact tracing, if necessary.
Note: For open air modes of transportation (such as golf carts or utility carts on campus), all persons must wear masks and adhere to other applicable sections as noted above such as hand hygiene and using the LumiSight UH app.