Due to the rapidly evolving nature of the COVID-19 situation, we are temporarily offering online training in lieu of in-person, face-to-face initial training for Lab Safety training.
Please email Leimomi Kekina at firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- your first and last name
- confirm which training you need access to
- which campus/facility you will be working at (Manoa? Off Campus? If Off Campus, which facility/site?)
- which department you will be working in
Leimomi will add you to the Lab Safety online course roster for which you will receive an invitation from the UH Laulima online system. Follow the instructions on the “Overview” tab to the left of the page.
Once you successfully complete the quiz, Leimomi will issue you your lab safety verification email letter (proof of lab safety training).
Thank you for your understanding and patience during this trying time. If you have any questions or concerns, or need further clarification on anything, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Telephone: (808) 956-5180
Lab Safety Training Information:
- Lab Safety training is required for all university employees working in the laboratory environment. Training covers contents of the Chemical Hygiene Plan, physical and health hazards of chemicals, and methods and observations used to detect hazardous conditions.
- Training classes are approximately two and a half hours in length and are held at the EHSO Training Room, 1980 East-West Rd. – Building 149C (Campus Security Portable) Room 6. See also the UH Campus Map [Location is listed under Campus Security(CS)]. Please contact Leimomi Kekina, EHSO Education Coordinator, via email at email@example.com or by phone at 956-5180 with any training related questions or if assistance is needed scheduling classes.
- For more Lab Safety training information, see the UH Manoa Chemical Hygiene Plan: Employee Information and Training
- For Hazardous Waste Generator training please see the HMMP training schedule. A complete guide to EHSO training classes is also available.
- Notice to JABSOM Kaka’ako Personnel: JABSOM Kaka’ako lab personnel should not register for the Manoa lab safety training and instead contact JABSOM EHSO Staff to coordinate site specific online training. Email Lisa Johns at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Fill out the information below to sign up for training:
Note: Classes may be cancelled if turnout is low (those signed up for cancelled classes will be e-mailed).
Annual Lab Safety Refresher Training:
This training is required on an annual basis following completion of the initial course provided by UH EHSO staff. This refresher session should be conducted by the individual PI or designated lab manger using the Lab Personnel Safety Checklist as a guide.
Note: Once complete, this checklist and all other training documentation should be kept on hand for review during EHSO or other regulatory agency inspections.