- Postdoctoral Researcher Institute of Geophysics and Planetology (HIGP)
My research focus on utilizing state-of-the-art remote sensing electromagnetic (CSEM/MT) ocean technologies to explore and image shallow and deep Earth structures. Scientific questions that I am currently captivated by are as follows:
I. What is the spatial distribution of submarine groundwater systems offshore the volcanic island of Hawai‘i?
II. Can we adequately delineate gas hydrates, groundwater and geothermal reservoirs to be sustainably used as clean energy of the future?
III. Does massive seafloor sulfide (SMS) deposits at extinct geothermal systems hold the key for the world’s shortage in rare elements?
IV. What are the processes that govern the topography, depth and interactions between the crust and upper mantle at the oceanic lithosphere-asthenosphere boundary (LAB)? particularly at tectonic plates convergence/divergent and volcanic regions.
I believe that it is an exciting scientific era that we live in, where questions regarding Earth’s complexity can be answered for the first time using a multidisciplinary geophysical approach and advanced technologies. I am thrilled to be part of the world’s marine geophysics exploration community, hoping to contribute to the effort of solving these elusive questions.
• Postdoctoral research fellow in Marine Electromagnetic Geophysics, University of Hawai’i School of Ocean and Earth Science and Technology (SOEST) & Institute of Geophysics and Planetology (HIGP), Hawai’i, USA. Current research project: Marine CSEM study for 3D resistivity imagining of submarine groundwater systems, offshore the island of Hawai‘i.
• Ph.D. in Marine Electromagnetic Geophysics, University of Southampton, NOCS, UK.
• MRes. In Marine Geology and Geophysics, University of Southampton, NOCS, UK.
• B.Sc. in Sea and Marine Environment Sciences, Ruppin Academic Institute, Israel.
•Research Cruises : BlackSmith, PiLAB, BlueMining, Kajiya; Acting as marine geophysicist & operator of marine electromagnetic instruments.
•ROV Pilot/Tech, Oceaneering Ltd. Magnum work-class ROV.
Drill Support & deep sea construction operations.
•Offshore and Nearshore operations: Dredging vessel supervisor, hydrographic surveyor. Total marine projects experience – 10 years.
2013 – 2017
Ph.D. In Marine Electromagnetic Geophysics, School of Ocean and Earth Science, University of Southampton, NOCS, UK. “Geophysical analysis of marine gas hydrate structures”. Supervisors: Dr. K.A. Weitemeyer, Prof. T. A.Minshull, Dr. A.I. Best.
2012 – 2013
MRes. in Marine Geology & Geophysics,
School of Ocean and Earth Science, University of Southampton, NOCS, UK. “CSEM characterization of methane hydrates at Nyegga, offshore Norway”. Supervisors: Prof. Martin Sinha, Dr. K.A. Weitemeyer.
2000 – 2003
B.Sc. in Sea and Marine Environment Sciences, Ruppin Academic Institute, Israel. Graduated with Honours (first in class)