- ʻIke Wai Program DirectorInformation Technology Services, UH System
Dr. Jacobs currently serves as the principal investigator of ‘Ike Wai, and as the program director for Hawai‘i EPSCoR.She overseed and manages all the aspects of the project to ensure that the various components stay on track. As the director of cyberinfrastructure, Dr. Jacobs will also be managing the team responsible for creating a mechanism for decision support and data visualization.
Dr. Jacobs received her undergraduate training in Human Anatomy and Physiology from UC Berkeley, a Masters Degree in Physiology from UC Davis and her PhD in Neuroscience from SUNY Albany. She was on the faculty at UC Berkeley for 15 years and on the faculty of Montana State University for 16 years where she was a Professor of Neuroscience, Assistant Chief Information Officer and Director of Research Computing. In addition to her faculty roles, she directed the Howard Hughes Undergraduate Biology Program (2002 – 2014) and the Lariat Networking Project. She is currently the University of Hawai‘i Director of Cyberinfrastructure for Information Technology Services, responsible for directing and implementing research infrastructure support for the university.
- Founding member of the National Consortium on Advanced Cyberinfrastructure – Research and Educational Facilitation
- Co-principal investigator on the NSF funded ‘The Agave Platform: An Open Science-As-A-Service Cloud Platform for Reproducible Science’ project
- Internet2 HPC Program Advisory Group
- National Center for Microscopy and Imaging Research Center (NCMIR) Advisory Committee
- National Science Foundation Extreme Science and Engineering Discovery Environment ( XSEDE) Campus Training Group
- Center for Integrative Biomedical Computing External Advisory Board at the University of Utah
- National Science Foundation EarthCube Advisory Committee