Outside Awards

Other Financial Resources

If you receive any other form of financial assistance in addition to those shown on your Award Offer, please refer to the information in the Receiving Other Resources section of this website.

Veterans' Benefits

If you are a military veteran or a dependent of a veteran, you may be eligible to receive educational benefits from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). The Veterans Affair coordinator is located in the Office of the Registrar. Please contact the VA Benefits Coordinator in QLCSS 010 at (808)956-8010 for more information on how to activate your VA educational benefits.

The Post-9/11 GI BillĀ® is the most commonly used VA educational benefits program. This GI BillĀ® provides funding for tuition, fees, books, and housing. Each student's eligibility is determined by the veteran's length of military service since 9/11/2001.

The Veteran Affairs Certifying Official is responsible for certifying and monitoring veteran's enrollment, academic progress, and other academic information. The U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs approves applications and makes decisions about payments, issuance of checks, and eligibility. If you have questions about payments, entitlement, or eligibility, contact the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs at 888-GIBILL-1 (888-442-4551).

UH Mānoa Veterans Affairs:

http://manoa.hawaii.edu/records/veterans/ external-link icon