Notify InfoSec at firstname.lastname@example.org or 808-956-2400 if any of the following may have occurred:
- A UH web server is defaced.
- A UH server appears to be compromised.
- Sensitive information (e.g. student records, Social Security numbers, etc.) may be lost, stolen, exposed, or accessed by unauthorized personnel.
- A computer, laptop, mobile device, portable storage, etc possibly containing sensitive information is lost or stolen.
- Paper documents containing sensitive information is lost, stolen, exposed, or accessed by unauthorized personnel.
- Any suspicious activity related to UH resources (e.g. network, servers, copiers, paper recycle bins, etc.).
If you think your device is compromised…
- Isolate the Device — Disconnect the device from the network (unplug network cable, turn off Wi-Fi)
- Leave the device alone — Do not power the device off, or run antivirus or other tools
- Determine the Risk — Determine if UH Regulated or UH Sensitive data was stored on the device itself or connected to a device with UH Regulated or UH Sensitive data
- Report — Contact the UH Information Security team immediately for further instructions
- Determine the Scope — If possible, determine if other devices are also affected
I want to…
Data Breach Notification Template
If a breach involving UH Regulated data is confirmed, affected individuals will need to be notified. Hawaiʻi State law requires that the breach notification letter contain specific, required elements as described in this Data Breach Notification Letter Template .