Notice: Google@UH transition to New Google Sites (Aug 17 08:00 am)
In December 2021, Google will deprecate classic Google Sites. Site owners with existing classic Google Sites can transition those sites to the new Google Sites. Currently both classic and new Google Sites are available on Google@UH (https://www.hawaii.edu/its/alerts/?t=4&id=10109), with classic Google Sites being the default. Google has provided a detailed timeline for the transition of classic Google Sites to new Google Sites.
- On August 13, 2020 - New Google Sites became the default option for website creation.
- Starting May 2021 - New website creation will be disabled in classic Google Sites. New website creation will be provided by new Google Sites.
- Starting October 2021 - Editing of any remaining classic Sites will be disabled.
- Starting December 2021 - When users try to visit a classic Google Site, they will no longer see the website content. Any remaining classic Google Sites will automatically be:
* Downloaded as an archive and saved to the site owner’s Google Drive.
* Replaced with a draft in the new Google Sites experience for site owners to review and publish.
Owners of classic Google Sites should use the Classic Sites Manager tool (https://sites.google.com/classicsitesmanager), which can help users review their existing classic Google Sites and manage their transition to new Sites. (https://support.google.com/a/answer/9919625)
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at (808) 956-8883, toll-free at (800) 558-2669, or via email at email@example.com.