Notice: McAfee Endpoint Security (Windows) update issue (Sep 21 01:20 pm)
Users of McAfee Endpoint Security 10.7 for Windows may get a "Download not allowed from the McAfee repositories" when trying to update their McAfee. This is a known issue per https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB94895&locale=en_US
- Download the McAfee Agent latest package "McAfee ENS 10.7.0 (Hotfix for Update Issue)" at https://www.hawaii.edu/software .
- Extract the package to a temporary folder.
- Open a command prompt as an administrator (Press the Windows key + R. In the Start Search field, type cmd, and then press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER.)
- In the Command Prompt windows, navigate to the temporary folder where the files were extracted (eg. cd\ c:\PATH OF YOUR TEMP FOLDER)
- Remove the existing framepkg_upd.exe components using the command line below:
- Wait for the component to be removed. (windows installer may take a few minutes)
- In the same command prompt windows, execute the command:
If you have any questions or need assistance with this process, please contact the ITS Help Desk at (808) 956-8883, toll-free at (800) 558-2669, or via email at email@example.com.