ITS-CI offers special workshops and training periodically, often in conjunction with partners at UH, such as the Hawaii Data Science Institute (HI-DSI) or visiting specialists, such as the Texas Advanced Computing Center (TACC). Workshop developers have generously made training materials available for ongoing use and self-training. The emphasis is on free and open source tools. Try out some modules! Each link below will take you to a workshop agenda with many of the workshop materials embedded, linked, and available for current use.
- Agave with Containers for Compute and Analysis. Aug 7-8, 2018 (ITS-CI & TACC). This workshop focuses specifically on introducing the Agave platform (http://agaveapi.co), and Container Technologies that enable advanced compute, data management and analysis on distributed resources.
- Intelligent Systems in Geosciences. Aug 6-10, 2018 (UH Hilo & IS-GEO). Adaptive Sensing by taking scientists to the sensors: hands-on training for geoscientists, geophysicists, data scientists and intelligent systems researchers.
- Agave for Python with Compute and Analysis, April 19, 2018 (ITS-CI and TACC). Modules help develop skills with: Cyverse, Dockers, and Agave.
- Python Data Analysis with Pandas and Matplotlib Workshop, April 17-18, 2018 (HI-DSI and ITS-CI). Skills include: Python and the Pandas library for data wrangling, merging, and visualization.
- Bioinformatics Genomics Data Workshop, April 12, 2017 (ITS-CI and TACC). Experience in: NCBI genomic data, using R for data wrangling and visualization, automating workflows.
Several of these workshops also include training in the command line interface, Jupyter notebooks, HPC, and AgaveToGo workbench.