Sinclair Renovation Update
The Sinclair Building will be closed for renovation starting May 12, 2023. The Sinclair Wong Computer Lab will be closed from Dec. 17, 2022 through the duration of the renovation project and only the Hamilton CLIC lab will be open for use.
Location: Sinclair Building 1st floor
The Wong Computer Lab operated by ITS is a general use computer lab open for use by students, faculty, staff and other active affiliates of the University of Hawaii. Located on the first floor of the Sinclair Building, this lab has over 20 computers for students, faculty, and staff to study quietly, print, and conduct online research.
The Wong Computer Lab is open during the times posted on the Hours of Operation page. Information Technology Services (ITS) maintains this computer lab, so any comments, suggestions, etc. should be directed to ITS Computer Lab Monitors or via the Feedback page. The Student Success Center staff is NOT responsible for any troubleshooting in this computer lab. If you encounter a problem during unsupported hours, please submit a report via our Feedback page or contact the ITS Help Desk at (808) 956-8883.
- Computers Currently Available:
- 20 Lenovo M720 – Windows 10
- 1 Lenovo M720 Windows 10 Accessible Station
- Printing (requires a Mānoa OneCard or Campus Ca$h guest card, 10 cents per page)
- 1 HP LaserJet M608 printer
- 1 Dell B5460dn Laser Printer (Double-sided available, 10 cents per side)
- UH Username Password Resets (with valid government issued photo ID (i.e. driver’s license, state ID, or passport))
- Wifi Available
- 1 Scanning Station
- Microsoft Office 2016 Standard
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and OneNote
- Microsoft Edge
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- Acrobat DC Pro
- Putty SSH Client
- Filezilla FTP Client
- McAfee Endpoint Security
- VLC Player
- GIMP Image Editor
- Visual Studio Code
- Atom Text Editor
- Intel Core i5 3GHz
- 512GB SSD Hard Drive
- 16GB RAM
- DVD/RW Combo Drive
- 21″ Dell Flat Panel Display
Computer Lab Rules & Usage Policy
By logging into the ITS Computer Lab computers, you agree to all ITS Lab rules and policies, as well as the Student Conduct Code and the Use and Management of Information Technology Resource Policy (E2.210). Any person found in violation of these rules and/or policies may have their lab privileges revoked, as well as a full or temporary suspension of their UH Username.
- NO food or beverages are allowed in the ITS Labs.
- Lab use is intended only for educational purposes or official University business. Commercial/political use of the lab equipment is strictly prohibited. You may be asked to leave the lab immediately if:
- You are using a computer for non-educational purposes (ex: pornography, games, chat, instant messengers, social media, etc.)
- You are using a computer in a manner which violates the student conduct code.
- The Wong Computer Lab is designated as a quiet study environment. Loud/Disruptive conversations and behavior is prohibited. If disrupting others, you may be asked to leave the lab.
- Cell phone use is prohibited in the Wong Computer Lab, please silence ringers and take phone conversations outside of the lab. If disrupting others, you may be asked to leave the lab.
- DO NOT bring any chairs from outside of the lab into the computer lab or take chairs to other locations of the building.
- Personal belongings such as, bags, skateboards, etc., should be kept clear of any access aisles OR areas where they would present a hazard to lab patrons, staff, or equipment. Personal belongings should only be placed underneath the desk you are using.
- Due to the limited number of workstations, patrons may use a single computer at a time
- DO NOT move the lab equipment and/or disconnect any cables
- DO NOT change any of the computer settings or install any software.
- It is illegal to copy or distribute software and its documentation without the permission of the copyright owner. If you are caught copying or downloading copyrighted software, legal action will be taken against you. Please refer to the following link for a complete list of copyright policies. http://www.hawaii.edu/askus.
- Please remember to LOG OUT when you are finished, or if you will be leaving your computer unattended. If you leave the lab area, you are giving up your computer, and will have to wait in line if there is a waiting list when you return. No exceptions
- You may NOT reserve a station for use.
- We are not responsible for unattended items. Any unattended items will be handed over to the front desk immediately.