As indicated in its name, the Wikiwiki Recording Room is a self-service studio designed to be a simplified and quick way for a single presenter to easily record video and/or audio content for their instructional needs.
Instructional support services and room technical assistance may be available upon request.
Location: UH-Manoa, Kuykendall Hall Room 205
Hours of Operation:
Regular Business Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM
Closed on holidays and weekends.
- Room Features
- View of Workspace Layout
- Best Practices for Recording Video
- Submitting a Request
- Conditions of Use
- Additional Resources
- COVID Guidelines
Available for use in the studio are:
|Remote controllable camera
||Microphone (lavalier or handheld)
|Wikiwiki Recorder and Video Switcher
||In-house desktop computer (Mac)
|Document camera (available upon request)
- Additional BYOD capability (e.g. personal laptop, iOS device, etc.)
- HDMI connection or adapter required
- Recording will be made to an external hard drive or flash drive via USB-C 3.1 connector.
- External drive or flash drive must be provided by user.
View of Workspace Layout
Best Practices for Recording Video
Prior to your recording, ITS also offers and recommends Instructional Design Support Services at UHOIC.
Submitting a Request
First time users must submit a Wikiwiki Recording Room Request Form at least 3 business days prior to preferred recording date. For returning users, a minimum of 1 business day notice is required to submit a Wikiwiki Recording Room Request Form.
The service is free for active UH Manoa faculty and staff for University of Hawaii instruction and/or business.
Regular hours of operation are Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM. Closed on holidays and weekends.
What to expect after you submit a request:
- An automated browser window will display confirmation of your request form.
- Someone will contact you to follow up with more information and instructions regarding your request.
Conditions of Use
- The Wikiwiki Recording Room is for UH instructional or business related use only.
- You must be an active University of Hawaii faculty or staff to submit a request and will need to present a valid UH Faculty/Staff ID upon check in.
- Only one presenter is allowed in the room for each recording reservation.
- NO rearranging of room equipment and/or furniture.
- Food and open-top beverage containers are NOT permitted in the recording room. However, closed-top beverage containers (bottles of water, cups with lids, etc.) are permitted. The reserving individual is responsible for replacement cost of equipment if any equipment is damaged during the room reservation.
- Must contact ITS staff at the end of room use.
Incorporating video into your course instruction can be an impactful way to deliver information in a quick and memorable way. There are several key elements and best practices to consider before creating your videos.
- Tips for creating videos for Education
- Reasons for using video as a part of learning
- Creating Effective Educational Videos
- Ultimate Guide to Making Instructional Videos
- Proof of Lumisight check in required.
- All current UH COVID requirements must be followed.
- All equipment will be wiped down by ITS staff after each room reservation.