Hōkūlani Imaginarium at Windward Community College presents the following imaginarium shows for the month of November.
- November 11 (7 p.m.): Stargazing—Find out what stars, planets and moon phase can be seen in the sky every second Wednesday of the month. Learn how to identify the constellations and listen to mythological stories about them. Get the update on current celestial happenings, such as meteor showers and eclipses. Runtime: approximately 1 hour. Suitable for general audiences.
- November 21 (1 p.m.): Magic Tree House Space Mission—Based on the popular children’s books, a mysterious “M” sends the intrepid Jack and Annie on a fun-filled journey to discover the secrets of the Sun, Moon, planets, space travel and more.
- November 21 (2 p.m.): Flying Monsters—For thousands of years, humans believed that there were once flying monsters. Such creatures became mythologized, with stories about them shared around the world. But could they have really existed? Flying Monsters is a National Geographic documentary that explores these great prehistoric beasts.
- November 27 (10 a.m.): Tales of the Maya Skies—Tales of the Maya Skies recreates the splendor of Mayan architecture and astronomy. Grammy Award winner and Oscar nominee Lila Downs narrates this magnificent journey through Mayan cities and temples aligned to the movements of the Sun, Moon and planets. Rediscover the treasures of this advanced civilization whose sophisticated mathematics predicted eclipses, forecast seasonal change and formulated a calendar of extraordinary precision.
- November 27 (11 a.m.): Season of Light—Season of Light is a family friendly, visually rich show about the darkest and coldest time of year, winter. Despite the chilly weather, winter is home to some of the warmest and brightest celebrations. The show explains why there are seasons and traces the origins of many of the world’s most enduring customs from Christmas trees to the Hanukkah Menorah, Santa to the Star of Bethlehem.
- $7 general admission
- $6 UH students, military and seniors with ID
- $5 children ages 4-12
- Free for children under 4
Tickets can be purchased at the Hōkūlani Imaginarium box office 30 minutes before the show. Call (808) 235-7433 to reserve tickets in advance.
Reserved tickets must be picked up at the box office at least 15 minutes prior to showtime. Please note that the box office does not accept credit/debit cards.
For a full schedule of fall 2015 Hōkūlani Imaginarium, download the season flyer here.
For more information, visit the Hōkūlani Imaginarium website.