Four finalists have been identified for the position of director for the University of Hawaiʻi Cancer Center. The finalists are scheduled to participate over a two day period of visits that covers department discussions; meetings with senior administrators, faculty, staff, students and internal and external constituents; and a public presentation.
“I would like to thank the search advisory committee for identifying a pool of highly qualified and exceptional candidates. The committee did a terrific job in identifying these finalists, and we are fortunate to have such caliber of finalists visiting our campus,” said Chancellor Robert Bley-Vroman. “We invite faculty, staff, students and the public to come out and meet the candidates, and look forward to receiving input that will assist in hiring the best person for the position.”
John K. Cowell
- Associate Center Director for Basic Sciences, Georgia Regents University Cancer Center and Professor, Department of Pathology, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology and Graduate Studies, MCG School of Medicine
- Tuesday, March 29, 3–4:15 p.m. at the UH Cancer Center Sullivan Center
Edward P. Gelmann
- Deputy Director, Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center, Columbia University and Professor of Medicine and Pathology, Columbia University and New York Presbyterian Hospital
- Tuesday, April 5, 3–4:15 p.m. at the UH Cancer Center Sullivan Center
Randall F. Holcombe
- Chief Medical Officer-Cancer, Mount Sinai Health System; Deputy Director, Tisch Cancer Institute; Medical Director, Ruttenberg Treatment Center; Director, GI Medical Oncology and Professor, Division of Hematology/Oncology, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
- Friday, April 8, 3–4:15 p.m. at the UH Cancer Center Sullivan Center
- Associate Center Director for Clinical Sciences, Karmanos Cancer Institute, Wayne State University and Professor of Medicine and Oncology, Wayne State University School of Medicine
- Friday, April 1, 3–4:15 p.m. at the UH Cancer Center Sullivan Center
For more information on each of the candidates, go to the UH Mānoa executive search website.