“The next chancellor will play a critical role in leading the campus into its exciting next chapter,” said Lassner. “As our fastest-growing campus in the fastest-growing area of the state, UH West Oʻahu serves its region and, through online and distance learning, the entire state with a wide range of baccalaureate programs, including in partnership with the UH Community Colleges.”
Search Advisory Committee
The 14-member committee includes representation from the faculty, students, the Nālimakui Native Hawaiian council, staff, administrators and community leaders. All share a common interest in the future of UH West Oʻahu.
- John Morton, Vice President for Community Colleges, UH System
- Stanley Orr, Professor of English, UH West Oʻahu
- Kristina L. Guo , Division of Public Administration Chair and Professor, Health Care Administration Program, UH West Oʻahu
- Michiko Joseph, Access Services Manager, UH West Oʻahu Library
- Donna Kiyosaki, Associate Vice President for Administration, UH System
- David W. Kupferman, Education Division Assistant Professor, UH West Oʻahu
- Ann A. Mahi, Nānākuli-Waiʻanae Complex Area Superintendent, Hawaiʻi Department of Education
- J. Kukui Maunakea-Forth, MAʻO Organic Farms and WCRC Executive Director
- Keolamālie McComber, Pueo Scholars Advisor, UH West Oʻahu
- Judy K. Oliveira, Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs, UH West Oʻahu
- Kiran Polk, Executive Director, Kapolei Chamber of Commerce
- Alan Rosenfeld, Associate Professor of History, Humanities Division Chair, UH West Oʻahu
- Ryan Sommer, ASUHWO President
- Stefanie Wilson, Professor of Business Administration Business Division UH West Oʻahu
The search advisory committee expects to begin screening of applicants and nominees in May 2016.
The on-campus visits by the finalists will be planned for the start of the fall 2016 semester to ensure that students, faculty, staff and other stakeholders are able to attend.
“The campus visits are an extremely important part of the process and we hope that everyone committed to the future of UH West Oʻahu will participate,” said Lassner.
The president will plan to submit a recommendation for appointment to the Board of Regents during the fall 2016 semester. The start date of the new chancellor will be determined as part of the selection process.